Friday 23 June 2023

From BEARDO's kitchen: Traditional Brekkie

 

Left Over Rice with Yogurt and Stir fry Brinjal with Brewed Coffee

Had left over rice yesterday, so I decided to ferment it overnight. I guess I have given the recipe many times over. In the last post I did indicate the goodness of the fermented rice with yogurt.

But today the focus is not so much on the rice but the accompanying dish. Normally I would just chop some onions and green chillies to go with the rice, but today I prepared a simple dish to go with it.

All you need is brinjal (to be chopped small). Also chop onion, garlic and green chillies. Heat wok or pan with ghee, add the chopped garlic, stir for a minute then add onions and stir a for another minute before adding salt. Then transfer the chopped brinjal and stir for 2 minutes and then add the chopped chillies. Stir for a few seconds and close the lid, leave it for another 3 minutes or so, ocassionally open the lid and stir.

Do not let the brinjal to be overcooked, otherwise the texture becomes too mushy.

And ..... viola you have your brinjal stir fry to accompany your fermented left over rice. 

By the way you can have this brinjal with normal rice and roti's (wrap included).


I washed down today's brekkie with Turkish coffee brewed with cloves. The coffee was compliment from my sister Thara who was in Turkey recently for a holiday. Otherwise I get my regular coffee bean from Coorg, India. 

Happy trying, and Cheers Everyone.

ravivarmmankkanniappan@1057240620233.0567° N, 101.5851° E

No comments:

Post a Comment